|Photo credit: ©Karen Mendonco|
Lemon Blueberry Pudding
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
8-10 slices bread
6-8 tsp butter
Grated lemon rind
Handful fresh blueberries
Roasted unsalted cashews
1. In a bowl whisk an egg, to that add some sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 & 1/2 to 2 cups milk. Mix all ingredients well until the sugar dissolves.
2. Now to the mixture add as much bits of bread as will get absorbed in the milk (I used around 8 to 10 slices of whole grain white bread, you can use any bread of your choice)
3. Then to it add a pinch of salt and 6 to 8 tbsp of butter, some lemon rind and a handful of blueberries . Lastly I added some roasted unsalted cashews.
4. Now take a Pyrex 4 cup bowl and coat the inside of it with butter. Now sprinkle some granulated sugar over the butter. Thereafter pour the batter into the Pyrex bowl. Grease a piece of aluminum foil and cover the bowl.
5. Add 2 cups water to the Instant Pot.Place the bowl on a trivet. Cover the pot and seal. Set it to 20 minutes manual settings and allow NP release. Once done remove and serve .